Adventures learning geography with two little girls and their mommy, through Google Earth, Postcrossing and Geocaching!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

85th Received, Germany

This card came to us from Germany.  The note on the back says  "Grusse ans Bochum, linw Stadt mitten im Ruhrgebiet"
In my non-german mind this translates to ~ grass and {something} live street with in Ruhrgebiet
When I google it, I get ~ Greetings to the Bochum, in the ruhr Area city Linz
Hmm..  It's a mystery as the girls would say.
When I google Siedlung Teutoburgia from the front of the card, I get the Settlement Teutoburgia also known as Teutoburgia Garden City, a mining settlement in Bornig.  The picture on the card is the Teutoburgia settlement with the shaft frame of the eponymous former colliery in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment